- Blog more. I want to blog more often and on a wider variety of subjects than I did during 2012. I regularly eat out and don't write a review or cook something delicious at home and keep it to myself. Why?
- Get more writing commissioned. Getting paid to write about beer feels a little bit like getting paid to play football. I want to do it more often.
- Work in the beer industry. This is a long term goal that I feel is ready to come to fruition. I've got the experience, I know the industry, I love beer, hell I love food and drink in general. So why shouldn't 2013 (sooner rather than later I might add) be the year that I move things forward.
- Learn more about the brewing process. Yes I know the basics, but could I write a proper recipe with amounts and boil times? Probably not. 2013 needs to involve more brew geek reading And hands on experience than the last year did.
- Expand my knowledge of other drinks. I'm just starting to dip my toe into the smokey waters of single malt whisky and loving every minute of it. Current favourite is a far too drinkable bottle of Highland Park 12 year old. This next year needs to contain more drinking of drinks of all varieties. Pity my liver.
Maybe we're a little bit too far into January for a 'looking to the year ahead' type post, but indulge me, as it brings me nicely to my first point.